I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School in Wellington, New Zealand. I am in Room 15 and a member of the amazing Huia Syndicate. My teacher is Stephanie Thompson.

Thursday, 6 June 2013

Cross-Country

Hey guys It's Jullian here, I hope you enjoy this story/recount.

I woke up from getting ready for school, im eating my healthy breakfast of toast and cornflakes. I finish drinking the rest of my milk and went to go brush my teeth and got dress for school.

When I got to school my heart was beating really fast remembering that cross country is on today but I have relief because of my friend Luke telling me some jokes. We go into class talking about cross country on. Just before the bell rings we get change for cross country.
Finally the bell rang and im shaking to the bone. Luke and I just played some kicks with a rugby ball to calm us down.

The bell rings and we go to the hall  we watch a video  and one of the teachers just tells who is going first to last, he said the year 7s will go first, the girls start off while the rest of us are watching the video after about 7 minutes the year 7 boys go out and stretch before the run. Corban says are nervous to me and I say no because it's just a run, I reminded myself that and I wasn't shaking anymore.

Finally Mr. OC  calls us in, telling us when to go. When he blows his whistle for the next group and I run run RUN!!!
I do the block run in about 3 minutes and now the full course im still running  and when I get up the hill,  I run down, I am a bit fatigue but im keeping a slow pace.
When I get to the next hill I walk up because I got to tired but when I got up the hill I ran down  until I reach the other end of the bridge in the middle of the course.

I walked until about when I got to the next turn and I keep a slow jog until the next hill I ran down and I went back to a slow jog until about half way across the hill and I got to the top  and ran down the hill down then to the college then to school, running to the finish. I finish strong and got 114. I wish I got there earlier, though but I did try hard.

I just hang around with some friends till the bell rings.

The end of Cross-Country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve my learning.